First Stage Publishing Company
The California Kindergarten Association's revised 4th edition now includes:
• Preschool Learning Foundations, California Curriculum, & Common Core Standards are applicable for Pre-K through 2nd grade
• Over 400 hands-on art activities are designed to teach curriculum
• Over 170 color photos of art projects by 4, 5 and 6 year-old artists
•Art education provides the cognitive, developmental and academic benefits of learning
• Titles of more than 265 illustrated children's books align with Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies & Visual Arts
• A to Z art ideas using mixed media, patterning, drawing, modeling, painting, printing, tearing, cutting, gluing & displaying art
• Use art to encourage imagination, critical thinking, reflecting, cooperating, organizing, taking turns & sharing
• Art activities stimulate the senses in educational & physical development areas
First Stage Reading Program
Contact us for information about additional books.
The First Stage Reading Program includes a Teachers Edition and a Student Reader
• The Reader uses the Roman Method to teach reading by learning vowel and consonant patterns which represent the sounds that make words
• Consonants appear with vowel sounds, not in isolation
• Phonetic generalizations determine how consonants and vowels blend to form words
• New words are presented within the context of phrases, stories, songs and activities
• Comprehension is emphasized, as well as writing, spelling and grammar in context
• Original stories enable students to intuitively absorb phonetic generalizations
• After approximately 30 instructional hours, students can read books of their choosing independently with full comprehension!
• Helps struggling students understand how and why the consonant and vowel -sound combinations form words
• Create dynamic notes and processes to enhance learning
• Easily memorize the most important data in any book: names, definitions, descriptions, numbers and lists
• Work in small groups effectively, to help each other master any subject together
• Predict questions for examinations
• Use music to study effectively
• Develop and deliver better speeches and essay answers
• Positively affect learning through the best use of sleep, diet, exercise and attitude
If you can teach students to learn by creating curiosity, they will continue the learning process as long as they live.
~Clay P. Bedford
By Ruth Velasquez, Linda Becker, Zelda Le-Frak, & Pat Rees-Miller
By Thomas and Ruth Velasquez
$9.95 includes tax and s/h
To view free sample pages, click the title of a publication below:
$49.95 includes tax and s/h
First Stage CKA Conference SALE!
Celebrate the California Kindergarten Associations yearly conference
All books are on sale at the conference price
for the month of March!
Study Power teaches unique study processes to improve academic endeavors.
Includes: character development, suspense, and illustrations!
Follow a diverse group of students who learn new study techniques through dialogue and interaction in a classroom setting.