First Stage Publishing Company
• Create dynamic notes and processes to enhance learning
• Easily memorize the most important data in any book: names, definitions, descriptions, numbers and lists
• Work in small groups effectively, to help each other master any subject together
• Predict questions for examinations
• Use music to study effectively
• Develop and deliver better speeches and essay answers
• Positively affect learning through the best use of sleep, diet, exercise and attitude
The First Stage Reading Program includes a Teachers Edition and a Student Reader
• The Reader uses the Roman Method to teach reading by learning vowel and consonant patterns which represent the sounds that make words
• Consonants appear with vowel sounds, not in isolation
• Phonetic generalizations determine how consonants and vowels blend to form words
• New words are presented within the context of phrases, stories, songs and activities
• Comprehension is emphasized, as well as writing, spelling and grammar in context
• Original stories enable students to intuitively absorb phonetic generalizations
• After approximately 30 instructional hours, students can read books of their choosing independently with full comprehension!
• Helps struggling students understand how and why the consonant and vowel -sound combinations form words
First Stage Reading Program
Contact us for information about additional books.
By Ruth Velasquez and the ART Writing Team: Linda Becker, Zelda Le-Frak, & Pat Rees-Miller
By Thomas and Ruth Velasquez
First Stage Publishing Company Products
To view free sample pages, click the title of a publication below:
The California Kindergarten Association's revised 4th edition now includes:
• Preschool Learning Foundations, California Curriculum, & Common Core Standards are applicable for Pre-K through 2nd grade
• Over 400 hands-on art activities are designed to teach curriculum
• Over 170 color photos of art projects by 4, 5 and 6 year-old artists
•Art education provides the cognitive, developmental and academic benefits of learning
• Titles of more than 265 illustrated children's books align with Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies & Visual Arts
• A to Z art ideas using mixed media, patterning, drawing, modeling, painting, printing, tearing, cutting, gluing & displaying art
• Use art to encourage imagination, critical thinking, reflecting, cooperating, organizing, taking turns & sharing
• Art activities stimulate the senses in educational & physical development areas
Study Power teaches unique study processes to improve academic endeavors.
Includes: character development, suspense, and illustrations!
Follow a diverse group of students who learn new study techniques through dialogue and interaction in a classroom setting.
If you can teach students to learn by creating curiosity, they will continue the learning process as long as they live.
~Clay P. Bedford